ARGH!
I can not believe how busy we have been here! Total cop out I know but my lack of writing reflects my lack of on time at the computer. There has been lots to plan, not only our 'family' holiday but Gawain joining us here permanently - not sure how that will work, I fear there will be a period of readjustment for all of us! Especially me, I have my way of doing things and it has been too long since I have had to worry about anyone else except Alice and she does as she is told (well she does in my dreams). Plus there will be that added horror of Charley - she is a great kid but how will the two of them cope with eachother on a more permanent basis?!
Anyway I am stressing about it and there are at least 3 months before that happens.
Then of course there is my sister and her wedding. I am unsure about my feelings on this. It is great that she is marrying Ben and he is so good for her but for some reason I am really aprehensive about it. Heck I am looking forward to Gawain's ex-wives wedding more than my sisters. I think it is the demand that we wear black tie and ballgowns and put money towards their honeymoon! Maybe it is just that I don't get on too well with my sister and this is just pushing all the wrong buttons - I know I am being really off with this but I can't help it!
Plus there is the hen night - no one can see that for me this is going to be an ordeal. She is hiring limos which would be great if I didn't get really travel sick and we will be traveling to Cambridge 1 hour away in them! Then we are going for a posh dinner and then on to a club - all great but I am off on holiday with G and girls the week after and money is tight so this is going to seriously dent it.
Truly I don't want to be this awful but I am hoping that by writing it here and venting my spleen somewhere they can't see will help me to get over it and then I can get on and enjoy it. We'll see.
Anyway had a good night Friday. Went out for Chris's birthday and visited more pubs in Wymondham in one night than I have been to in the 15 years I have lived in this area! I really don't get out enough. We had cocktails about 1/2 way through the night and think it was all downhill from there - we sort of stumbled onto the next pub and crashed out in the garden even through it was raining!! We then set about getting outselves into trouble by fighting our way into a pub for the use of their toilets before heading home as it was closing time. I'm telling you it was getting desperate by the time one let us in and I really didn't want to have to find a tree to hide behind!
then on for the have to have chips which I managed to drop down my lovely new skirt. Still lots of fun and I really need to go out with my friends more often.
I felt rough next morning though, like there was a nothing in my stomach that wanted to stay there. Mum and Dad thought I would have a headache so stomped about a bit but there was none of that. Having picked Alice up and got home I proceeded to fall asleep and felt so much better on getting up that we took the little ones out to the dinosaur adventure park and they had a super time. It really is a huge place and there was so much to do that we could recover slowly - best hangover cure that, get kids out of house and busy so that you can potter along behind them and take in lots of lovely fresh air.
Feeling much better now!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home