Half Term
Well what a busy week. Even though I was working we have still managed to fit in a couple of days at tennis camp, a visit to see 'Spirit of the Horse', a birthday party, sunday school and a haloween party with all the other activities that we had to get with to go to all of these! I am pooped, having just finished cleaning up from the above mentioned haloween party - which saw 9 little people destroy my home!
It is all worth it though when Alice tells me that I am the best mum and do the most fun parties - this was literaly just before she went to sleep though, totally shattered from all the running around and apple bobbing.
I had the house looking suitably spooky, with lots of glow in the dark and spiders webs etc. There was a gormet selection of spooky food - from bats droppings and blood (meatballs and ketchup) to witches brew (green jelly!). It was loved by all with most of it going on the floor!
The apples hanging on a string was a much loved game - very difficult but they really perserved with it, and surprisingly they loved the idea of getting soaked when apple bobbing - my kitchen floor was also very much in love with this thank goodness - although I had a plentiful stack of towels to dry all off! Sadly I didn't managed to get many pics as they were all too full of energy and didn't stay still very long. I will hunt out what I have and see if there are any woth sharing.
In preperation for the party Alice and I carved a pumpkin on sunday and was brilliant - mostly because we had a great stencil to follow - Alice hada great time getting in there and cutting it all but she would have nothing to do with scooping the seeds and stringy bits out, that was all left to yours truely!
Also we went to 'Spirit of the Horse' on Friday taking Alice's friend Bycia. It was a fantastic show - all sorts of performers doing amazing things with horses who were of course the stars of the whole thing. Both girls had a super time, though during the second half (after persueding my to buy them each a pen) they spent most of the time pretending to be secret agents there to save the audience and talking into their pens in code :) Can't win them all I suppose!
And now I am off for the whole week - should be able to rest and relax now too, well until the weekend when it starts all over again with Bonfire night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home