May 23, 2005

What a week!

It never rains but it pours! As soon as I think I have a spare 5 mins there is something else that needs doing - either I am wasting all my time or there just isn't enough of it to go round.
Last week started with a very late, late shift, twins born in the evening - nightmare because the anaethetist was really slow and so we were all kept waiting for ages. After that things got a little better and the working week was straightforward until Friday when I have never been more bored in my life. Why were audit days created if they are not going to provide us with anything constructive to do!!!! We had a few cases throughout the day and normally I wouldn't mind sitting around, but I do prefer to do this in the comfort of my own home not in the coffee room at work! There was so little to do that when I finally left off I was so tired it was all I could do to get home without having an accident.
Saturday was great Alice and I had our first good shopping trip together, even though it peed down all day. The only low point was when I refused to get her a McDonalds but that didn't last long and she has now got some really cute sandals and I have a pair of jeans that fit :)
My evening was even more fun with the kind of party I haven't been to in years - took me right back to when I was 16! It was actually a real laugh but probably because I was looking in not really taking part - I refuse to get drunk as last time is too close a memory and I am not doing that any time soon again. Still everyone else kept me amused and the I got to sleep in a nice bed and spend Sunday morning with my lover before hitting the delights of the supermarket to make sure I had something to take to work for meals.

When I finally got home with Alice yesterday afternoon, we were straight back out again to take Charley her birthday present and Alice had a little play round there - so all in all I didn't see much of her yesterday - mind you she doesn't seem any the worse for wear for it so I can't be doing it all wrong!
Now I am just hoping that she gets chicken pox from her friends at school because at least then it would be done and one less thing to worry about - mind you I hope it is after half term or at least after her tennis camp during half term.
Well there it is the fantastic week on my planet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home