Sleeping In
OK so today Gaw and I started with a bit of a row - I have found what could possibly be our biggest problem when we live together. This morning both girls were up at 6.45am having gotten dressed they came and woke me up to ask if they could go and watch TV. Sadly I sleep on the side of the bed close to the door so this could prove to be a regular thing! About 2 hours later (I know a very long time to leave them to it!) Alice yells up that they are very hungry and when are we going to feed them. She was very rude but I felt she had a point, it isn't very often that I leave her to it and don't get up with her.
So I come downstairs and tell her off but make them both breakfast as they do need feeding. When I get back upstairs Gawain tells me that I pander to them too much and that he wouldn't have done anything for them if Charley had spoken to him that way!! OMG Charley while very sweet is not the best behaved child in the world - she threw a huge tantrum last night at the mention of a bath!
Not his best move. I tried to explain to him that it would be very nice for me to be acle to sleep in properly too, not just him. Every time Charley stays over I am the one having to get up for them and sorting them out while he gets a nice lie-in. I don't mind most of the time but sometimes it would be nice for him to get up first and let me rest. To get this though I am going to have to plan it in advance as he can't get up upon waking but it will take him an extra 30 mins by which time I am already up and he just nods off again!
Seperatly the kids sleep in much later but put them together and for some reason they wake up really early and then keep eachother peped up and going all day! I have to say our week in Cornwall is going to be a real eyeopener!!!! Fingers crossed that I do get at least one lie-in.
Anyway this has had me bugged all day and I didn't enjoy Madagascar as much as I should have. He is out tonight so I should get a good night's sleep anyway before my parents come over for dinner with us - hope that goes ok too!

<< Home