December 04, 2005

Nomination

Yesterday I got a certificate in the post, which caught me somewhat by surprise as I wasn't expecting any! Alice and Heather had nominated me to be the 'that's life' Single Mum of the Year!!! How cool is that. Sadly I got no further than that but heck, Alice was so pleased that it is totally worth just that. I love my daughter even when she has more attitude than a bus load of teeneagers!

Totally shocking ammount of stuff we have been doing recently, what with work and christmas coming up there seems to be little time for getting on here or even to read a couple of pages of my book (everyone at work thinks I am totally anti-social because I will spend breaks with my head in a book but it is the only time I get to read!). What with birthday parties where I get dive-bombed every few seconds to family parties where we meet new girlfriends it has just been non-stop and it doesn't seem to be getting any slower!

today at Sunday School we cast our nativity. We have found some totally cute costumes at Woolworths so our cast have had to be chosen according to whether they will fit these costumes! Alice is going to be the star and lead the 3 Kings to the stable - Mum is already dreaming up ideas for the costume so I am sure it will be great! Alice is also rehearsing for her school play in which she is a little sister called Sarah - she is really looking forward to it and so am I. I'm very glad that work have been so understanding and given me some time off to go and see her, I do have to head in after the performance though!

To add to all of this rushing about I now have a cold and feel really poopy! I just hope I get much better soon as I don't relish feeling like this for much longer and I pity the poor people who have to be around me if this lasts too long!

gawain is his normal self, I am liberally spreading hints as to what I want for christmas but I fear I shall be sorely disappointed - oh well, we'll see :)

Anyway, until next time!