August 14, 2005

Sleeping In Again!

So we revisit that little topic so soon after first covering it but once again it came up yesterday! I specifically asked G if he would get up and deal with kids in the morning as I am feeling a little under the weather - he agreed.

Alas once again I am awoken by little darlings so that I can be informed they are off downstairs. Great, once awake no chance I am going to sleep well and when an hour later after much proding G appears no nearer getting out of the pit than before I get up and sort out breakfast. Charley goes upstairs and jumps on her father. He wakes and when up and downstairs informs me that if I wish to sleep in I will need to wake him up properly otherwise he won't get up!!!!

What is the point! If I have to wake him up then I am going to have to be a awake to do so and that would totally destroy the idea of sleeping in!

I told him that next time he sleeps over he can sleep on the side of the bed nearest the door so kids can wake him up. Also I will make sure the alarm is on and he will have to deal with it - I will have my earplugs in (need them so that I don't hear him snore!) and then I might, just might get to sleep in! We'll see :)



Anyway, other than that little mishap this weekend has been fun. There has been rain and lots of it and two rather active kids! Alice had a pet snail for a couple of days but I couldn't let her keep it as I really don't want to come home one day from work and find it has escaped and taken to sliming around the house! Anyway here she is with the little darling :)


Not sure you can actually see it but there is a close up I will include later. She even named it :) Sarah Alaska Wood! She released it back into the wilds of the garden yesterday afternoon, near the strawberries so it would have lots to eat - I just hope that in all the rain it doesn't cark it and she goes out to find a shell and gets all upset. Mind you she hasn't mentioned said snail since letting it free.

Only one more week until I'm off for a fortnight and I can't wait. I am tired and need the break plus I am hoping that the rain is going to let up at some point too. August is not the month I usually associate with the rain we have been having. I mean I even have the heating on as it is so cold. This is normally the time I would be sunning myself and getting the paddling pool out - oh well, maybe later.

Anyway off to do other things now ;)