September 13, 2005

Major catchup!!!

As always real life keeps me way too busy and weeks go by before I remember I have written nothing here! Not sure where to start from but the beginning seems appropriate :)

So since last writing we have been on our holiday in Cornwall and it was fabulous. As yet I have no pictures to share as Gawain has them all on his laptop and is being very slow about burning them onto a CD for me! We went all over visiting Tin Tagel and King Arthurs castle, Eden Project, Restormel castle (which is the best castle ruin I have ever been too!) and also taking the time to relax a little with an afternoon by the river in the little town we were staying - very pituresque.
The kids had a great time although if you asked them I'm sure they would tell you it was all boring! They were very much like typical 6 year olds, being friends one minute and enemies the next. I know this is normal behaviour but it can be very trying - and more than once Gawain questioned our decision to take them away! Next year we have decided to keep it simple and go somewhere warm with a pool and/or beach and not do anything all week!

After the holiday it was back home and off to our first wedding of the month. Gawain's ex-wife was getting married and it was a really nice wedding. There were a number of us playground friends and that was great for the kids as they all had someone to play with! We all had fun and the kids really enjoyed the ceremony - a very simple, beautiful thing. There was a great band and I was sad to leave but Alice really needed to go to bed and Gawain was not long fr remaining upright!!

Then last week Alice was back to school, a new class, teacher and set of friends. She is a little unsettled but I am sure she will be back to normal really soon. She is loving the after-school club and all the fun things she can do there. She is also getting really good at her reading, she makes me so proud.

I am back at work too, seems like I was never away! I am moving on to a new theatre in 2 weeks - so from Gyn/Obs to Urology and all the challenges that has to offer. I have a feeling though I may try and return to Gyn/obs once my rotation is over as I have liked it so much :)

And finally all is set up for gawain to move in here within the next 2 weeks. Alice now has all her toys in the one room, having lost the playroom - so that is ready for Charley. I have sold my chairs so that there is more room for G's stuff, now we just have to actually get on with it and live together!!!!!